Go Back   Properly Promoted > Starscream & Friends > Other Sports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Southpaw Regional Champ!

Send a message via Yahoo to Redneck Ray

That crash with the truck was unreal, I've never seen that before in my life.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Danger Zone

Location: Jon Stewart's Endangered Fish and Tiger Cub Warehouse

Sponsor on Jeff Gordon's car tonight...

Old 05-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Danger Zone

Location: Jon Stewart's Endangered Fish and Tiger Cub Warehouse

Old 05-16-2013, 09:49 PM
Southpaw Regional Champ!

Old school NASCAR fans probably remember Dick Trickle, I just saw on the news where he was found dead today of a self inflicted gun shot wound. Pretty sad.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Southpaw Regional Champ!

Jimmie Johnson is the now six time NASCAR champion, I guess it's appropriate now to recognize his legacy. But does he still hold up to the greatness of Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt, comparing old school to modern day racing?
Old 08-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Southpaw Regional Champ!

Dang it, Tony Stewart just killed somebody.

Quote:
Tony Stewart, one of the most popular and successful drivers in NASCAR, fatally struck a fellow driver late Saturday at a dirt track race in upstate New York the night before he was due to race in a NASCAR Sprint Cup event.

A video of the crash at Canandaigua Motorsports Park showed driver Kevin Ward Jr. stepping toward Stewart's car before being hit and hurtled 50 feet. Ontario County Sheriff Philip Povero would not confirm the driver's identity pending notification of next of kin.

Povero said that the driver was pronounced dead on arrival at a local hospital and added that Stewart was "fully cooperative ... He is very upset and confirmed his continuing cooperation" with the investigation. An autopsy is pending. Povero said the county District Attorney had been notified, but no charges had been filed.

Michael Messerly, a fan who witnessed the crash, told The Associated Press it appeared Stewart hit the driver as he was walking on the dimly lit track after they had collided on the previous lap.

He said the driver was wearing a dark racing suit as Stewart's car passed him.

"I didn't see (the other driver) anymore," he said. "It just seemed like he was suddenly gone."

Messerly said the crash appeared to be the result of "a number of bad decisions" and not "any intent on Tony Stewart's part."

"Auto racing is a dangerous sport," he said. "I think it was just an unfortunate set of circumstances that created a tragic situation."

Stewart was racing in one of the track's Empire Super Sprints events. The other scheduled races were canceled following the crash.

Stewart was scheduled to race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series event at Watkins Glen International racetrack Sunday afternoon. It was not immediately clear whether he would start the event as planned. Stewart has won the NASCAR Sprint Cup series championship three times, in 2002, 2005, and 2011.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:15 AM
derp

Send a message via MSN to Playerhater

So who can tell me anything about the NHRA race at Sonora Raceway the end of July?
Old 07-21-2016, 06:01 AM
derp

Anything about NHRA period?
Old 08-01-2016, 05:28 PM
derp

So this previous week I worked the 2016 Toyota NHRA Sonoma Nationals. As shown above I knew nothing about this sport, period. Three days of tournament races between multiple styles of cars and motorcycles with 2 days of set up. Ive worked smaller gigs that were more complicated.
I got lucky with my spot during the event where half the time my team was in a golf cart driving around the fairgrounds, filming segments with specific racers. The other half we would go back n forth between the Pit and the Start Line capturing specific racer profiles.
The guys with the worst gig was posted at the Start line the entire series of tournaments. I say it was the worst because he and the rest of the staff are embedded in 5-8 hrs of NOISE, exhaust, constant sun with no chance to catch any shade, MORE NOISE, and depending on the car MORE Exhaust with MORE NOISE that vibrates everything on your body and in your body.
The tires kick shit back at you and at the end of any day your covered in tar and exhaust residue. Heard stories of guys taking rocks or even tiny bolts to the shins and crippling them.
Im convinced the live event crowd comes for the exhaust buzz and the vibrations to help their sexual repressed life. If any of that is even true, then I get it. But itd be better to just blaze a joint and hit a strip club.
I have never seen people get so excited to see a racer turn his/her car on and rev it so that youre in a sea of exhaust smoke. People were running over to specific trailers when the engines kicked over.
The weakest draw was the motorcycles. Seems the quieter the vehicle the least interested people were.
I want to say the biggest draw between the series were Top Fuel Dragsters. A guy named Richie Crampton who I renamed Dick Cramp won that series.
This was not the worst job Ive had, nor was it the best. It was a job. Im glad I did it. I think I would do it again next year if asked.
Below is some youtube videos I was able to take. I dont know anybody profiled in them.

Last edited by Playerhater : 08-01-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:31 PM
derp

Last edited by Playerhater : 08-01-2016 at 11:27 PM.