Go Back   Properly Promoted > Starscream & Friends > Other Sports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which player is most-deserving of the fan adulation?
10. Troy Polamalu - Pittsburgh Steelers 0 0%
9. Victor Cruz - New York Giants 0 0%
8. Patrick Willis - San Francisco 49ers 0 0%
7. Tom Brady - New England Patriots 0 0%
6. Andrew Luck - Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
5. Eli Manning - New York Giants 2 66.67%
4. Aaron Rodgers - Green Bay Packers 0 0%
3. Tim Tebow - New York Jets 0 0%
2. Robert Griffin III - Washington Redskins 0 0%
1. Peyton Manning - Denver Broncos 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Send a message via AIM to Len Grimey Send a message via Skype™ to Len Grimey
Arrow FOOTBALL: The "Don't You Open Yo' Mouth 'Bout The Best!" (NFL) Thread

So the Billionaires and Millionaires put their squabbles aside and got a new CBA in place. And quicker than a stripper's G-string hits the deck, football's back and moves are being made. (Well not officially, since there's still a moratorium on what can be done.) But so far...

Mama Lena's Saints move Bush to Miami. I'm laughing that First Take will actually debate who's more overrated in that city, Reg or LeBron.

Raf's Skins move both of its disgruntled players, Donovan to Minny in what could be one of the greatest heists ever (if Donovan enters this year in full blown F-U All mode) and Haynesworth to New England and Darth Hoodie. Really? Really Washington?! You gotta send this bastico to fucking NEW ENGLAND and not somewhere like Miami or Buffalo?! (Read: Somewhere he won't potentially regain his swag and cause chaos for the Jets and their push to return to the Super Bowl for the first time since SB III.) Enjoy another year of cellar dwelling you rat fucks. [/Disgruntled Jet fan]

Santonio Holmes stays put, while Nnamdi could be joining the Jet fold forming easily the most formidable corner tandem in recent memory.

Arizona stands to potentially overpay (and overpay horrendously) for Kevin Kolb, giving up its shutdown corner and some other crap for Kevin "I figured out how to run McNabb out of Philly, but let a convicted dog killer run me out of a job Andy Reid giftwrapped for me" Kolb. I mean seriously, if I'm a GM and my team's as starved for a QB as Arizona is...am I seriously giving up our best corner for this guy who couldn't keep Vick from taking his job?

Again Grimey says, whatever you choose to do in life, especially in sports, don't do desperate.

Denver appears set to enter the Tebow Era, as Kyle Orton's Change Of Address forms appear to be all but filled out. Trade's imminent, only question is to where. Grimey's fairly certain there hasn't been a Florida QB to actually make even the smallest dent in the pros, not sure if Tebow will change that over the long haul.

First preseason games are in two weeks with no Hall of Lame Game to be played in Canton this year. (Thinks that game should be done away with entirely. Nobody watches and nobody cares about it to be perfectly honest.)
Old 07-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

I was very much hoping that NFL would get canceled this year. Only because I'd like to experience the reaction of the populous. It seems when American Football season comes around, a good portion of the population is absolutely obsessed. I really wanted to see how they handled not having the NFL. Would they turn to other sports? Suicide? Riots? Drugs?

Oh well.

How about them Houston Oilers? They going all the way this year?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Azucar Dance Club Member and IHOP Stud ~twitterbang~

Send a message via MSN to Rafael122

Yeah, football pretty much consumes my life during the season. Can't imagine what I would have done if the season were canceled, probably gone outside or something.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Hell Yeah

Send a message via AIM to SC316 Send a message via MSN to SC316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Grimey View Post
So the Billionaires and Millionaires put their squabbles aside and got a new CBA in place. And quicker than a stripper's G-string hits the deck, football's back and moves are being made. (Well not officially, since there's still a moratorium on what can be done.) But so far...

Mama Lena's Saints move Bush to Miami. I'm laughing that First Take will actually debate who's more overrated in that city, Reg or LeBron.

Raf's Skins move both of its disgruntled players, Donovan to Minny in what could be one of the greatest heists ever (if Donovan enters this year in full blown F-U All mode) and Haynesworth to New England and Darth Hoodie. Really? Really Washington?! You gotta send this bastico to fucking NEW ENGLAND and not somewhere like Miami or Buffalo?! (Read: Somewhere he won't potentially regain his swag and cause chaos for the Jets and their push to return to the Super Bowl for the first time since SB III.) Enjoy another year of cellar dwelling you rat fucks. [/Disgruntled Jet fan]

Santonio Holmes stays put, while Nnamdi could be joining the Jet fold forming easily the most formidable corner tandem in recent memory.

Arizona stands to potentially overpay (and overpay horrendously) for Kevin Kolb, giving up its shutdown corner and some other crap for Kevin "I figured out how to run McNabb out of Philly, but let a convicted dog killer run me out of a job Andy Reid giftwrapped for me" Kolb. I mean seriously, if I'm a GM and my team's as starved for a QB as Arizona is...am I seriously giving up our best corner for this guy who couldn't keep Vick from taking his job?

Again Grimey says, whatever you choose to do in life, especially in sports, don't do desperate.

Denver appears set to enter the Tebow Era, as Kyle Orton's Change Of Address forms appear to be all but filled out. Trade's imminent, only question is to where. Grimey's fairly certain there hasn't been a Florida QB to actually make even the smallest dent in the pros, not sure if Tebow will change that over the long haul.

First preseason games are in two weeks with no Hall of Lame Game to be played in Canton this year. (Thinks that game should be done away with entirely. Nobody watches and nobody cares about it to be perfectly honest.)
Meanwhile, there's a major debt crisis in our country and you haven't said one word. Hypocrite.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC316 View Post
Meanwhile, there's a major debt crisis in our country and you haven't said one word. Hypocrite.
Should we use the NFL profits to finance the government?
I'm for it.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Hell Yeah

Send a message via AIM to SC316 Send a message via MSN to SC316

Nationalize the NFL? Yes. They can 'roid up for a good cause for once.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

and, it's already got National in the title!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:03 PM
INTERNET GANGSTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLC View Post
Would they turn to other sports?
People would just bet more on college football. And Conference USA would probably move all of its games to Sunday.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEN View Post
People would just bet more on college football. And Conference USA would probably move all of its games to Sunday.
I'd imagine that the college players would refuse to replace NFL for free. NFL guys get millions to be Sunday/Monday(sometimes Thursday and sometimes Saturday, and I think Friday during Preseason) entertainment. College guys would be chumps to do it for free.

The only solution would be to relaunch the XFL.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:18 PM
INTERNET GANGSTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLC View Post
College guys would be chumps to do it for free.
Which is why they don't do it for fee.