Go Back   Properly Promoted > Starscream & Friends > Wrestling Radio
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Lance Catamaran

Default What Podcasts do you listen to thread

I don't listen to BTR anymore, so for guys like me maybe changing this to a podcast in general (not just wrestling) area of this board would be a good idea. But hey-ho.

For some random reason I want to know what Podcasts the PP.com regulars enjoy.

For me, I listen to a few podcasts though I have no time to listen to them all anymore due to working nightshift and sleeping. But I listen to them when I can...

- The Steve Austin Show
- Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling
- Big Wrestleshark Show (Scottish Wrestling podcast which actually has a local radio slot)
- Ministry of Slam
- Tha O Show
- Wrestling Soup
- Don Tony & Kevin Castle Show
- The Patch (Rooster Teeth's gaming podcast)
- The Bryan & Vinny Show

Last edited by Starscream666 : 10-18-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:53 AM

Steve Austin Show
The Joe Rogan Experience
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Kevin Smith's Fatman On Batman
Kevin Smith's Hollywood BabbleOn
Kevin Smith's SMODcast

I would like to listen to Michio Kaku and Neil DeGrasse Tyson's shows, but their guests are often very dry.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:39 AM
derp

Send a message via MSN to Playerhater

Didnt realize Steve Austins show was on itunes now... subscribe...
also found Dennis Miller and the new Chris Jericho show...
I have to kill a lot of time at my day job including bus time going to and fro...

Adam Carolla
Nerdist
How did this get made
Colt Cobana
Jay Mohr
Kevin Pollock
Joe Rogan (for those long rides home)
Kevin Perarra Pointless
Doug Loves Movies
Aisha Tyler
AMC movie talk

Glad I have 3 new options to throw in the mix now.
I pick up the random smodcast if its someone Im interested in hearing or Daaark hypes up enough
Old 12-05-2013, 04:06 AM
Coolest Guy Ever

Location: Arlington, VA (I would say DC, but Raf would get mad)

Art of Wrestling
Steve Austin Show
RD and Blade Show
Hardcore History

The most decorated champion in the history of Properly Promoted
Old 12-05-2013, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Joe Rogan (for those long rides home)
The Neil DeGrasse Tyson episode is gold.

But he loses me a lot with his drug talk, and really bad spiritual nonsense guests. You've haven't unlocked a hidden pathway to something, you're just a junkie. Tastng color and seeing sound isn't enlightenment, you're frying your brain. Same with Kevin Smith. Spends half of his podcasts now inhaling and giggling. We're not amused Kevin. It's just something we have tolerate in your recent work.

Recreational users never shut up about whatever it is they are using. It's not interesting in the least. Only to them, because that's all they ever think about. I'm not preaching against that stuff. I really don't care what they are doing. Just don't want to listen these guys yammer on about it non stop. Just like I don't think anyone wants to hear Austin talk about drinking constantly.

Quote:
Hardcore History
Do you ever find the convo hard to follow because Dan trails off on random subjects too much?

Last edited by that D222rk fellow : 12-05-2013 at 05:17 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Coolest Guy Ever

Location: Arlington, VA (I would say DC, but Raf would get mad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by that D222rk fellow View Post
Do you ever find the convo hard to follow because Dan trails off on random subjects too much?
Yes. Plus the time stamp of the episodes. Takes me days to get through them. Really hard to remember what he was talking about and why sometimes, but it's good.

The most decorated champion in the history of Properly Promoted
Old 12-05-2013, 08:54 PM
derp

Quote:

But he loses me a lot with his drug talk, and really bad spiritual nonsense guests. You've haven't unlocked a hidden pathway to something, you're just a junkie. Tastng color and seeing sound isn't enlightenment, you're frying your brain. Same with Kevin Smith. Spends half of his podcasts now inhaling and giggling. We're not amused Kevin. It's just something we have tolerate in your recent work.
"Junkie" is a strong word, but I hear what youre saying. Theres no connection for you there. I like hearing about some crime Joey Diaz commited 20 years ago, or john stoners DMT trip. Some crazy stories.
Judo Gene LaBelle was on the other night. That was an awesome listen.

I also hear you about Kevin Smith. I find it annoying when a 40+ y/o man acts like a 13 y/o. I tried to listen to the show he does (did?) with his wife and the two of them together on a podcast is a bad mix.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playerhater View Post
"Junkie" is a strong word, but I hear what youre saying. Theres no connection for you there. I like hearing about some crime Joey Diaz commited 20 years ago, or john stoners DMT trip. Some crazy stories.
Judo Gene LaBelle was on the other night. That was an awesome listen.

I also hear you about Kevin Smith. I find it annoying when a 40+ y/o man acts like a 13 y/o. I tried to listen to the show he does (did?) with his wife and the two of them together on a podcast is a bad mix.
Jene LaBelle was a great listen. He's one of those guys whose name I'd hear thrown around all the time, but never really knew about.

Phil Demers today was good too. Very eye opening about that sea world stuff, and how they are trying to shut him up.

Couldn't find the right words to say exactly what I meant. It goes along with the same reasons that you can't be drunk in public. The effects of that are personal, however they are annoying and grating to everyone else around you.

Those stories are good if they have a point and they are about something. But I'm talking about the point where their addict brain has been rewired to the point where they can't finish a thought or paragraph without taking a sudden u-turn and relating random subjects back to whatever their hangup is.

No matter where the thought starts. No matter the subject. It always ends back at the same place. I don't know how they hell you relate Columbus in america and the things he did on his boat to taking DMT or shrooms while Dan Carlin is trying to talk to you?

It doesn't bother me too much. But there is a point where it takes over the conversation.

And then also, those new age guys(science hasn't caught up to us!), or shifty guys who shouldn't be getting credibility, like Big Foot hunters.

We all know there is no Big Foot. Big Foot only exists as a tourism curiosity, or as a way to bilk people out of money to fund someone's lifestyle while they pretend to hunt for him. Like alchemy. Keep giving them money to fund their research into turning poop into gold. They are SO CLOSE. Just need a little more time and money. It's coming any day now.

So why even give these guys a platform?

---

Kevin Smith is awesome, and really smart. I love his stories and ideas. But he has a drop off point where he devolves into a 13 year old, and worse since he became a stoner. He basically retired for 3 years so he could get high and talk about Batman full time. I don't care what he does on his own time. But a high, giggling Kevin telling stories about busting a toilet because he's too fat isn't as interesting to us as it is to him. But he's great when he's on his a-game.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:08 PM
derp

Quote:
Jene LaBelle was a great listen. He's one of those guys whose name I'd hear thrown around all the time, but never really knew about.

Phil Demers today was good too. Very eye opening about that sea world stuff, and how they are trying to shut him up.

Couldn't find the right words to say exactly what I meant. It goes along with the same reasons that you can't be drunk in public. The effects of that are personal, however they are annoying and grating to everyone else around you.

Those stories are good if they have a point and they are about something. But I'm talking about the point where their addict brain has been rewired to the point where they can't finish a thought or paragraph without taking a sudden u-turn and relating random subjects back to whatever their hangup is.

No matter where the thought starts. No matter the subject. It always ends back at the same place. I don't know how they hell you relate Columbus in america and the things he did on his boat to taking DMT or shrooms while Dan Carlin is trying to talk to you?

It doesn't bother me too much. But there is a point where it takes over the conversation.

And then also, those new age guys(science hasn't caught up to us!), or shifty guys who shouldn't be getting credibility, like Big Foot hunters.

We all know there is no Big Foot. Big Foot only exists as a tourism curiosity, or as a way to bilk people out of money to fund someone's lifestyle while they pretend to hunt for him. Like alchemy. Keep giving them money to fund their research into turning poop into gold. They are SO CLOSE. Just need a little more time and money. It's coming any day now.

So why even give these guys a platform?
Yea, theyll be in an interesting conversation and just when theyre about to get to the point or put a stamp on it, then the sidekick side tracks the conversation by talking about The Olive Garden or jacking it all over his hotel room.

As for why give them a platform, Rogan likes talking to crazy.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playerhater View Post
As for why give them a platform, Rogan likes talking to crazy.
Sure to a point. But then you're giving this nut a way to connect to a bunch of potential new gullible marks, and letting him shill his products, and hyping his website or whatever he has to plug.

You and I both know these guys are crazy conmen taking advantage of marks. But these guys are using the platform to throw out a wide net into the giant sea that is his audience, and they'll catch all the low hanging fruit out there.

I find it to be very socially irresponsible. Why serve as a conduit for these people? Be a conduit for people who have intelligence or interesting things to say, who will leave the listeners better off than they found them.