Go Back   Properly Promoted > Starscream & Friends > World of Wrestling
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2016, 12:17 AM
Lance Catamaran

Default The 666 ICW Thread

This is the official thread of the best wrestling company on Earth not named New Japan.

We'll start it off right with the card for the ICW Square Go.

The Square Go is a 30-man rumble style match. 5 people at random will bring a weapon. The winner gets an ICW Title shot ANY TIME in the year. So it's like the Royal Rumble and the Money in the Bank had a baby.

Braun kill shit Drago wannabes

Last edited by Starscream666 : 01-06-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:58 AM
Coolest Guy Ever

Location: Arlington, VA (I would say DC, but Raf would get mad)

Love the dual stipulation in the match. Great idea that WWE should utilize.

The most decorated champion in the history of Properly Promoted
Old 01-06-2016, 03:49 AM
Lance Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROld View Post

Love the dual stipulation in the match. Great idea that WWE should utilize.
Agreed. I'm all about it.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:06 AM
Lance Catamaran

Joe Hendry's entrance with a song for Jack Jester

Chris Toal promises Mark Dallas he'll call in a favour.

Grado's in action at a charity event for testicular cancer

Old 01-10-2016, 05:30 AM
Lance Catamaran

http://prowrestlingauthority.com/201...-in-the-world/

Quote:
The New Age Kliq: The Best Faction In The World
By Cian O’Carroll

Who are the NAK? If you’re unfamiliar with Insane Championship Wrestling then I would assume you probably haven’t heard of The New Age Kliq. Seriously, you’re missing out. Consisting of five members, BT Gunn, Wolfgang, Stevie Boy, Kay Lee Ray and it’s leader Chris Renfrew. The NAK are in my opinion the best faction in pro wrestling today and here’s why.

They’re Genuinely Scary

The picture above is an example of why the NAK are amazing. They are genuinely scary. This picture is from Chris Renfrew’s live game show in The Garage called “Would You Rather”. This fun family friendly game show involved the NAK kidnapping the two female backstage interviewers and bringing them to the ring before making the crowd decide which one would walk out unharmed and which “would never walk again”. As you can see Jennifer Louise lost and unlike any other promotion where the good guy runs in to make the save, nobody ran in and BT Gunn hit her with “The Killerboots”. R.I.P.

There are very few wrestlers in the world who are legitimately scary. Brock Lesnar would be one and to be quite honest I actually can’t think of any others excluding the ones that were scary as a child. I’m talking about wrestlers that scare me as an almost grown man. Lesnar is probably the only one besides the NAK. Specifically Chris Renfrew.

What makes him so scary? He’s a real person. Dublin is a lot like Glasgow and for me personally I’ve encountered many people like Chris Renfrew. They’ve dropped out of school at the age of 13 for threatening to stab a teacher and now deal drugs and mug people for a living. Then you’re walking through a dodgy council estate and you see them standing there with their hoods up hiding a knife in their pocket. You cross the road to avoid getting mugged and you hope to Christ that the guards put him back in prison for the seventh time this year. Maybe Americans might not get it but for me personally he does an unreal job at portraying that sort of person in the ring and that to me is why he and his gang are absolutely terrifying.

They’re Extremely Talented

Chris Renfrew is an absolute God on the microphone. I’ve already talked about his character but his confidence and charisma is as good it gets. He’s the perfect leader for a group like this. BT Gunn and Wolfgang are amazing in the ring. Both experienced and highly talented with BT Gunn’s “Killerboots” being the signature move for the NAK. It looks legitimately painful and it gives the group a good wolf pack like feeling, similar to that of The Shield and they’re triple powerbomb.

Stevie Boy is the high flyer of the group. He gives the NAK that high energy that he used to give to the Bucky Boys, a tag team in ICW that he was a part of for a long time with Davey Boy and The Wee Man before turning his back on them to join the NAK. Last but not least there’s Kay Lee Ray. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again: with the exception of Becky Lynch, Kay Lee Ray is my favorite female wrestler in entire world. She is extremely talented in the ring and was even given a match on NXT recently against Nia Jax. She may not be signed but it’s great to see that there are eyes on her as well as probably ICW in general and The NAK could be held partly responsible for that.

They Can Hold Down All Divisions

Five is a great number for a faction. You’ve got a chance then for the faction to compete for the world, the tag team, a midcard and the women’s championships. The NAK can do that.

They have Chris Renfrew getting his title shot at The Square Go against Grado at the end of January. Then there’s the former Zero G champion Stevie Boy who should be getting his title back at some point in 2016. Carmel won The ICW Women’s Championship which will probably set up another great feud between her and Kay Lee Ray which would then hopefully land that title into the hands of the NAK. Finally we have BT Gunn and Wolfgang who could form a strong tag team to take on current champions The 55 unless Polo Promotions get their titles back, in which case they’ll probably go back on the hunt for their 442 day title reign and to be honest I don’t think the best tag team in the world can beat Polo Promotions if they get those titles back.

They’re Insanely Cool

I’ll give credit where it’s due. Other factions all around the world such as The Bullet Club may not be scary but they are cool. Are they as cool as the NAK though? I think not. From the hand signals to the fan base to the T-Shirts to the hoodie which is apparently on the way there is absolutely no denying that the NAK are incredibly cool. That’s why despite some of their sick antics such as trying to murder Jennifer Louise and their bloody feud with The Legion they still get hugely positive reactions everywhere they go.

Whether you love the NAK or you hate them, you can’t deny that they are an extremely talented group of wrestlers who are elevating ICW and British wrestling as a whole and for that, I absolutely love them.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:36 AM
Lance Catamaran

Old 01-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Lance Catamaran

On January 3st, The Local Fire (Joe Hendry & Davey Blaze) ignites.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:06 PM
Lance Catamaran

This is gonna be goooodddd...

Old 01-25-2016, 02:43 PM
Lance Catamaran

The ICW Square Go was FUCKING AMAZING. Being there live made it all that more special.

Chris Renfrew and Grado tore the motherfucking house down. The heat for that match was nuclear. They had a strong back and forth. Thumbtacks and a barb wire board came into play (unlike Abyss who needs it every match to get over), which is a rare sight to see in ICW. Renfrew won after he hit a Stunner. He also came out accompanied to the ring by Pyramid Head from Silent Hill. Go out of your way to watch this match. It was awesome.

EDIT:

Wolfgang won the Square Go match. So he gets the shot. He's stablemates with Renfrew, so shit's about to get interesting there. Pop of the night for me was for Sebastian of the GZRS using his tag team partner Tom Irvine as his chosen weapon. Jack Jester also hit someone with a dildo, and they set up a Mikey Whiplash vs Jimmy Havoc feud which should be fucking awesome.

Carmel and Liam Thomson had a pretty damn good intergender match. Carmel won and I popped. But here's the issue. Thomson's in the midst of a big push, and Carmel is basically holding the title while Viper and Kay Lee Ray are working shows in Japan for STARDOM.

The Polo Promotions ("The Real Deal" Mark Coffey and "Scotland's Best Wrestler" Jackie Polo) vs The 55 (Kid Fite & "The East End Butcher" Sha Samuels) was a great fun tag match. Lots of tags. Good heat segment for the heels.

The opener was great. It was Lionheart vs Kenny Williams (whocame out carrying a pink Mattel Hoveboard and dressed like Doc Brown) for the No. 30 spot. Lionheart won via a handful of tights. Good back and forth action. Kenny got his revenge later on in the night when Lionheart came out in the Square Go and he knocked him out cold from behind with the hoverboard.

Last edited by Starscream666 : 01-25-2016 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Lance Catamaran

"From Silent Hill, NAK Country...CHRIS RENFREW!"