Go Back   Properly Promoted > Starscream & Friends > World of Wrestling
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2017, 06:25 PM
Lance Catamaran

Default My Cena vs Taker idea

I've shared this to some people. But I figured I'd post it here. How I'd get to Cena vs Taker post-Rumble.

Quote:
The Club turn on AJ at the Rumble because we need him babyface going forward because he's too cool to boo. So during the match with Cena the Club run in after a ref bump. OH NO THESE RAW GUYS THEY'RE GOING TO HELP STYLES RETAIN! They hit the ring and grab...AJ. They hit the Magic Killer on him because it'll later be revealed that Finn Balor told them to do it. Cena struggles to his feet...sees what is going on...and grins. He composes himself and hits and AA as the ref is coming to. 1...2..3! 16 times!

Tuesday on Smackdown, Cena is talking shit about how the fans booed him for years but while he took it on the chin and did Make-A-Wish and stuff, still the fans booed and he couldn't take it anymore and he was done with the fans. "All the blood, sweat and tears and you boo me? to hell with you!" Taker comes out and says one thing besides himself that was constant in the WWE was John Cena and to see this side of him...this is not the man he grew to respect.

Cena responds. "The John Cena you respect is just as dead as you" And slaps him right in the face.

Taker's eyes roll in his head, crowd pops. "YOU JUST SEALED YOUR DEATH WARRANT AND I WILL SEE YOU AT WRESTLEMANIA! REST! IN! PEACE!"
You can thank me if they do this.

Last edited by Starscream666 : 01-16-2017 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

I think the Taker vs Cena ship sailed after they wasted the streak on Bork. Plus, Cena has been on a kind of losing streak himself since then. Taker hasn't had a truly great match in many years. It's hard to give this match any sort of gravitas anymore. I guess a retirement angle is still viable.

I'm not big on the Cena heel turn idea. He already has 50% for him and 50% against him. With that 50% against him really being for him becasue he's reached legend status by now. They just play along like they are against him. Most of them moved on to hating guys like Reigns. My point is, you don't really gain much with a Cena heel turn. You just damage a character that does good as the face of the company. I'm not big on all the heel face switches anyway. It just gives us more Big Shows.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:00 PM

My Cena vs Taker idea is 'no'.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:30 PM

I like it. It doesn't have to be a full heel turn, just a "no fucks given" attitude from Cena. I want to see one more Wrestlemania main event for Undertaker. John Cena is the only person who can do this while keeping Taker safe and having an interesting match.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:43 AM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

How about, Cena is about to become 16 time world champion, but then we hear, Gong...Dead Man Walking...You done it now...
Then, Undertaker comes out on his motorbike, and in the side car is John Stewart. He sold his soul to the Deadman in order to forever protect Ric Flair's record.
So, they agree to the stipulation that if Undertaker wins, Cena can never fight for a title again. If Cena wins, Undertaker retires for good.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:30 AM
Southpaw Regional Champ!

Send a message via Yahoo to Redneck Ray

Seems like an interesting angle that I would love to see. It would give Cena an extra layer of personality like the way Hogan went heel.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLC View Post
How about, Cena is about to become 16 time world champion, but then we hear, Gong...Dead Man Walking...You done it now...
Then, Undertaker comes out on his motorbike, and in the side car is John Stewart. He sold his soul to the Deadman in order to forever protect Ric Flair's record.
So, they agree to the stipulation that if Undertaker wins, Cena can never fight for a title again. If Cena wins, Undertaker retires for good.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:44 PM

How about it's a casket match. When Cena opens the lid to put Taker in, Ric Flair sits up and shoots him?