Go Back   Properly Promoted > Starscream & Friends > General Chatter
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2016, 06:30 PM
Lance Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLC View Post
That is nice.

The exhaust pipes and engine need to be chromed. If we got chrome in the 80's, there is no excuse for the lack of shiny in 2016.
The Japanese version will have shiny silver no doubt. Chrome ain't happening on US releases.

Quote:
The purist in me says that he should be a targetmaster and not a headmaster, but the purist in me needs to shut the heck up! For some reason, Hot Rod as a headmaster just works. I think it's because he always had that translucent canopy. That's just screaming to be a place for a headmaster driver to sit.
The entire line is "Titan Masters" (Headmasters). There's a Scourge coming out that looks pretty G1. There's Blurr coming too, which is a heavy retool of Brainstorm. And it works.

Universe Cyclonus is the only Targetmaster Hasbro has brought out in recent years.

Quote:
Hit feet need to be black.
That's a throwback to the 80's toy.

Quote:
I'd like a place to put those guns when he is in car mode. I am betting there is one, but it's just no shown in this picture.
I think those pegs near the front of the car on the side are the begs for the guns. That's kinda meh to me, but hey...storage. Yay!

Some of the Titan Masters comes with guns which have seats for the head robots. Which sit on the side of car modes like a sidecar (like with Chromedome). For a car. It's so wacky and so utterly stupid that I love it. Kids will dig the play pattern and collectors will love the figures.

I'm only getting a couple of figures in this line. Galvatron (his head turns into a robot called Nucleon that looks like Megatron as I showed you), and Hot Rod are the must gets. They're bringing out a Megatron too with stickers to make him either Decepticon or (if you follow the IDW comics an Autobot). He looks like the IDW comics version so I may slap the Autobot logo on his chest if I decide to get him. I'm loving his attempts to attone for his sins in the comics. Plus he's co-captain of the Lost Light with Rodimus. That's just cool.

The only other Decepticons on the Lost Light crew are Cyclonus (who in IDW continuity is an ancient Transformer who has no allegiance, much like new Decepticon leader Galvatron) and Ravage (who stowed aboard because he was mad Megatron turned his back on his own beliefs and slapped an Autobot symbol on his chest - not just anyone's symbol. But Bumblebee's, whose death made him realise that Optimus Prime is not like the other past Primes) but is still loyal to the big asshole.

I think the IDW's comics are leading to a big switch.

I think the comics will lead to Megatron and Rodimus (Autobots) vs Optimus and Galvatron (Decepticons).

If they do it right, it'd be fucking amazing.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

Why no chrome for US?
Damn you Obama!
Old 05-29-2016, 09:30 PM
Lance Catamaran

Do you like this?

Old 05-29-2016, 11:11 PM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

Very much.
I generally like both ventriloquism and monkeys. Her act was funny, and she was really good at the ventriloquism.

Fun fact: Right before Batman V Superman, I looked over to my friend and said, "This movie will get an automatic A+ if he uses Super Ventriloquism". That did not happen :(
Old 05-30-2016, 01:19 AM
Lance Catamaran

Quote:
Very much.
I generally like both ventriloquism and monkeys. Her act was funny, and she was really good at the ventriloquism.
Yay!

Quote:
Fun fact: Right before Batman V Superman, I looked over to my friend and said, "This movie will get an automatic A+ if he uses Super Ventriloquism". That did not happen :(
Supes is a prick.

Another question...Adam Blampied of What Culture does "How WWE should book" and his ideas are 100% of the time a million times better than what WWE booked (Golberg, the NWO, The Invasion, etc.) but...in this same vein. But with a Transformers spin. And since the cartoon fucked it spectacularly.

CLC....

Rodimus Prime. He was a cool guy. Hot Rod was also fun for the brief time we saw him in both movie and cartoon. However, he got a bad hand. He was the only one according to OPTIMUS PRIME in the movie (being the chosen one) who could unleash the power of the Matrix. Optimus said he was not worthy.

But in The Return of Optimus Prime Part 2...Optimus could freely unleash it's power because "HURR-DURR WE SUCK AT STORYTELLING AND PARENTS ARE COMPLAINING!"

So with this said...how would you book the reign of Rodimus Prime. How would you make him cool and badass in the cartoon? If Optimus returns to mentor him, cool. If you re-use the self-doubt angle but make it actually work? awesome. But the one stipulation is: Rodimus Prime must be the leader. No Optimus cop-out like the cartoon.

I realise this might be a task to ask of you, but I think if anyone...you can make it compelling.

Rodimus is one of my favourite characters you see, and given how IDW in More Than Meets The Eye is doing him justice (Co-Captain of a starship alongside his fellow Autobot Megatron - which is wonderfully written stuff btw) but the cartoon character got hosed. Badly. Because the writing sucked for Season 3 mostly.

Last edited by Starscream666 : 05-30-2016 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:30 AM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

-Rodimus' self doubt angle plays out. He's always haunted that he's not as good as Optimus.

-The Decepticons are regrouping. Galvatron is mad and is totally just wrecking everything in sight. Megatron wanted to rule, so he was a predictable enemy. Galvy is just a wack job bent on destruction. Cyclonus does his best keep the Decepticons in line. He acts a a liaison between Galvy's crazy schemes and Decepticon's quest for power.

-Determined to prove himself, Rodimus tries to stop Galvatros' horde. He leads a raid that goes very wrong. Some beloved character dies as a direct result of Rodimus' action (Kup or Arcee?)

-Rodimus feels sad because of his error. Determined to never let it happen again, he goes on a quest for more power. Inside a lost Autobot temple, he journeys into the Matrix. He finds a way to stop the Decepticons once and for all. Rodimus finds some sort of new destructive matrix-powered finishing move that he hopes to unleash. It will basically lobotomize bad guys in the universe into docile soulless beings. In the Matrix, Optimus appears to Rodimus and tells him, not to use this maneuver. Rodimus and Optimus fight in the dream. Rodimus 'wins'.

-Optimus appears to Ultra Magnus in a vision. He says he knew about this finishing move all along, but chose to never use it because, "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

-Ultra Magnus tells the Autobots of what he learned. Only a handful of Autobots believe him. Most stand loyal to Rodimus. They fight.

-In need of backup, Magnus appeals to Cyclonus. Cyclonus convinces a handful of Decepticons to join Magnus.

- Magnus and his rag tag team of Autobots and Decepticons plan to raid the ancient temple in order to stop Rodimus. Unfortunately for them, Rodimus has called in back up in the form of the Dinobots! Huge Battle.

- Magnus and Cyclonus makes it through the temples defenses and finds Rodimus. Rodimus looks all buffed up with like cooler guns and stuff. Rodimus instantly kills Cyclonus.

-Magnus tries to convince Rodimus to stand down. Optimus' ghost does the same. Rodimus goes on how he will do What Optimus was never strong enough to do. You are either with him or against him! He then banishes Optimus' spirit. The remnant of Optimus' spark enter Ultra Magnus. At this point, Magnus says, "One shall stand, one shall fall".

-Battle of heroes. Magnus eventually wins. Rodimus submits and hands over the Matrix. Magnus decides that no one person should ever hold that much power again, and opens the Matrix to release it's energy for all to share. Cyberton turns gold.

Last edited by CLC : 05-30-2016 at 03:33 AM.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:47 AM
Lance Catamaran

One problem with that story. In the movie, Magnus tried to unlock the Matrix's power. he failed because he was UNWORTHY.

Otherwise, I love this.

I had the idea (you know of it) where a series existed where Rodimus led the Autobots against Decepticons led by Optimus (turned into Nemesis Prime by Unicron)

Thing is...I think that's where the comics are headed....except...Megatron will lead the Autobots. Since IDW's writing him in a way while he did murder a zillion people across the universe...he's realized how wrong he was to do so and it burdens him. They made MEGATRON a character we can get behind and root for. Optimus will be cast out and co-lead the Decepticons with Galvatron and MEGATRON will lead the Autobots against this evil threat. This is my prediction.

And Optimus is all like "EARTH IS NOW PART OF THE COUNCIL OF PLANETS BECAUSE I SAY SO! Because Galvatron is lying to you. You may have formed an alliance with the Decepticons because Megatron decided to switch sides because he realised HE WAS WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING...but I'm the dick apparently."

Shut up Optimus. Megatron is having cool adventures with Rodimus and Ultra Magnus. You've just become an asshole.

Last edited by Starscream666 : 05-30-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:33 PM
Lance Catamaran

Some asshole tried to get me to sign up to webcam sites for ridiculous amounts of money using Ivy Doomkitty's good name. I informed her of this bullshit.

Why do people do this shit? are they that fucking lazy that they can't get a real job?
Old 06-20-2016, 02:39 PM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

The world is full of worthless degenerate criminals wiling to say or do anything to feed their own misguided lust for power and money. Two of them are even running for president!
Old 06-27-2016, 04:29 PM
Lance Catamaran

Quote:

The world is full of worthless degenerate criminals wiling to say or do anything to feed their own misguided lust for power and money. Two of them are even running for president!
3 of them have been our Prime Minister for the last 30 years.

But anyway...here's a thing by Josh Perez who works with IDW on the Transformers comics. Here is Heroic Autobot Bumblebee with Spiderman and Bee's alter-ego Goldbug with Spiderman 2099. It's done in a style similar to the Transformers Animated series. What do ya think?

My only gripe is the weird monocle the Autobot symbol is rocking.

Last edited by Starscream666 : 06-27-2016 at 04:32 PM.