Old 05-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:29 AM

!?^^^
Old 05-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D222rk View Post
Since we are talking about Royalty so much, what did Princess Toadstool do that was so bad that she had to change her name to Princess Peach?
I can only assume that it was done for security reasons. I don't know if you noticed, but the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom is a prime target for kidnapping. Seeing as the security forces of the Mushroom Kingdom consists of 2 foreign plumbers, a midget, and a retarded dinosaur, the name change was probably intended to throw off would be ransomers. The effectiveness of this name-change tactic is questionable, as Peach has probably been kidnapped far more than she was in her Toadstool days.

On the other hand, Princess Daisy was only kidnapped once! (Twice if you count the live action movie, but no one but me and a handful of others acknowledge it)
So, perhaps the kidnapping of princess is not as widespread an epidemic as some would have us to believe. It's possible that Princess Peach (Toadstool) is simply an attention whore. Her name change and constant kidnapping is her way of saying, "Hey everyone one! Look at me!" This kind of puts her in the same category as Puff Daddy. To that I say, next Time that King Koopa take her prisoner, let him have her!
The only video-game damsel worse then Peach has to be the chick at the end of Double Dragon who forces you to kill your brother in order to decide you she hooks up with. Man, whoever thought up the plot of Double Dragon should be fired. First off you see that have a car (a helicopter!in the sequel) in their garage, yet these two decide to walk all the way to Machine Gun Willie's base. And it's not a casual stroll either. They walk through the city, int the forest, up a mountain, and then through a fortress. And after all this, they still have not figured out that this girl they are trying to save was sleeping with both of them!
Old 05-30-2011, 10:46 PM
INTERNET GANGSTA

CLC, more plausible reality: Grease or Forest Gump?
Old 05-31-2011, 12:12 AM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEN View Post
CLC, more plausible reality: Grease or Forest Gump?
This might just be the toughest question ever.
On one hand you have a movie filled with spontaneous song and dance, nationally televised proms, Frankie Avalon as an angel descending from heaven to do the job of a lowly guidance councilor, and ends with a flying car.

On the other hand, you have a movie where some retarded guy is essentially the most important man in the universe, repeatedly doing more and more highly implausible, but physically possible things.

Let's break it down:

Grease

1. Spontaneous singing and dancing. This is the problem with all musicals, but in most musicals, the players do not seem to be aware that they are signing and dancing. In fact, it's quite possible that real life is a musical, and we are left completely unaware our musical endeavors. Perhaps that decision you made to have a Turkey sandwich instead of Grilled Cheese was actually determined by a hug song and dance number, but the only thing you remember is the message about what to eat. Therefore, I decree that musical numbers are perfectly believable.

2. The prom was on television. Perhaps this was a common occurrence in the 50's. It's possible, but I'm skeptical. This small point is somewhat unbelievable.

3. Frankie Avalon as the guardian angel telling kids to stay in school. This can be construed as a dream sequence, or hallucination. Given Frenchie's love of toxic hair care products, hallucination seems very plausible.

4. Flying car. I got nothing to explain this. No way a car flies in the 50's. It is the year 2010 and we still don't have flying cars. Despite what the Jetsons would have lead us to believe, the future is lame and cars don't fly.

In the end, the basic plot of Greese is perfectly believable. After accounting for the musical aspect, what we are left with is a somewhat dull high and shallow boy meets girl... story. so you edit out that flying car, and I'm sold that the events of Rydel High are an accurate HIStorical depiction.

Forest Gump

1. Retarded Guy develops abnormal, but still plausible speed. I personally have never heard of retart-speed, strength yes, but speed no. Gump uses speed to get football scholarship.

2. Gump enlists in the army and becomes a war hero.

3. Gump become worlds greatest Table Tennis Player.

4. Forest starts a Shrimp company and his is the only boat not to be destroyed, leaving this retarded guy a self made millionaire. It's not impossible by I am skeptical....no, you know what it is impossible! Come on, Benjamin Button aging backwards was more believable than this crap!

5. Jenny and forest hook up. I actually buy this. Because Jenny only shows romantic interest in Forest after he becomes a millionaire. Jenny is a perfectly believable character. She's a skeazy ho.

6. Forest's kid looks nothing like him. Yup, I belive that too. Forest should have brought Jenny on to Maury, because now at the end of the movie, Forest is stuck raising some other dudes kid. And Jenny as the skeazy-STDed-up-ho played him; ensuring her son will be heir to the Gump empire.

In conclusion, Grease is way more plausible, but Gump is a better movie.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:21 PM

Who would you vote for for president, Steve Urkel or Samuel "Screech" Powers?
Old 06-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D222rk View Post
Who would you vote for for president, Steve Urkel or Samuel "Screech" Powers?
Urkel, and it's not even a tough decision.
The only thing that really questions my choice of Urkel is his peculiar taste in women, Urkel was always after bitchy Laura Winslow, when the perfectly smokin' hot Myra was after him. Whist Screech had the hots for the also perfectly smokin' hot Lisa Turtle, though he had to settle for Violet. But, we don't vote for first lady. It's not like boys are hanging up pictures of Michelle Obama in their lockers.

Screech stated out as a smart kid, built a robot and stuff; but, he would eventually mature into a complete imbecile. I surmise this may have something to do with Zacks ability to tamper with the space-time continuum.
Screech also hung out with a bad crowd. Sure the Bayside kids were the cool kids, but they were bad apples. Disruptive pranks, drugs, drinking and driving, Kelly was a slut, Tori was a slut and a hoodlum. You can tell because she wore a leather jacket, and whenever she was around, Kelly and nerdy drug addict Jesse were not. I'm also pretty sure that Slater was on steroids.

Urkel on the other hand started out a socially inept, nerd of higher then average intelligence, but would soon skyrocket into superhuman levels of creative genius. Urkel eventually even gained social graces through his genetic tampering and became Stefan Urquelle.
Urkel also had strong ties to law enforcement. He and Carl Winslow will keep our borders safe. Also, as Family Matters is a spin off of Perfect Strangers, the prospects of Secretary of State, Balki Bartokomous are to good to pass up.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:26 AM

Well played!
Old 06-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Danger Zone

Location: Jon Stewart's Endangered Fish and Tiger Cub Warehouse

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/s...he-Full-Lineup

Thoughts?

Personally, I HATE Superman's new outfit.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Vice Coolest Guy Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet Tough Guy View Post
http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/s...he-Full-Lineup

Thoughts?

Personally, I HATE Superman's new outfit.
Aquaman look alright, but he still sucks because he's Aquaman and his power is communicating with fish. He's like the little mermaid, but without the singing.

Green Lantern looks okay. I was never a big Green Lantern fan, except when it was Guy Garnder, and that is not Guy Garnder.

Wonder Woman looks better than her last redesign, but they still need to get rid of her pants. Wonder Woman does not wear pants. If they are going to make a functionality argument, that is bogus. She's still wearing a bustier. Any girl that goes crime-fighting in a bustier is going to have a booby pop out, probably both. She's be better off getting something with more bust support then getting pants. The whole purpose of Wonder Woman is that she wears a skimpy costume, so lose the pants!

Why does Superman need armour? He's freaking Superman! I have no idea why they decided to split up his suit to make it look like armour. That is retarded. If they are going to make his belt so shiny, they should have left it as gold/yellow instead of making it red. They also got rid of the underwear on the outside. I'm guessing this is because they want to make a more movie friendly costume. Which is dumb because Christopher Reeve looked perfectly fine in his costume and it was spandex and had the underwear on the outside.

Batman looks okay. Making the suit seem armored makes sense for a guy who is just a non-powered rich dude. (Is wonder if that Dick or Bruce?)

Flash looks the same.

Why is Cyborg even there. He doesn't belong with the A-listers of the Leauge. That should be the Martian Manhunter standing right there.