Go Back   Properly Promoted > Starscream & Friends > Other Sports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2008, 06:30 AM
Coolest Guy Ever

Location: Arlington, VA (I would say DC, but Raf would get mad)
Arrow BASEBALL: [MLB] and Softball Notes Thread (featuring TRO)

Because I know all of you are just DYING to know, I will keep everyone up to date on my goings on with the softball team I play on and the baseball team I coach.

This is also a good place to ridicule me for my piss poor performances (even CY Young had off days), ridicule me for caring so much, or just ridicule me in general. You can also ask questions about the best game in the world.

Let's get the ball rolling before this thread dies a painful death.

In my Tuesday Night Slow Pitch Leaugue, I did horribly. I was 0-3 with one RBI. I was very impatient and it cost me. I need to slow down and wait, wait, wait and wait some more before I swing.

We have these two brothers on my team. I am confident that we will not win a game until they stop playing. They are the most selfish players I have ever played with and the have litterally thrown games away because of it. I'm tired of it.

Anyway, we lost 10-11 in the last inning. I was worthless at the plate.

Tuesday Afternoon Junior Varsity Baseball. I got to the game late, as usual, and the score was 0-0 in the third (?). We had our horse on the mound and we were playing our Arch Rivals Los Angeles Baptist. We did not want to lose. In the top of the 4th we scored a run, but we gave up 4 in the in the bottom half. We gave up 6 more in the 5th. We did not give up, and put 7 runs on the board before it was all said and done. Our last two batters pooped out on the first pitch. There's that patience thing again. we lost 10-7, but we never gave up and there were plenty of positives to take away.

Wednesday Night Fast Pitch. The game started at 645. I got there at 644 and they informed me that I might have to pitch tonight. I started in left. They had a girl pitching (who was rather attractive) and she had a no-hitter going for most of the game. She fooled me with an off-speed pitch and I popped up to center field. after they scored 6 runs in the 4th inning, the coach told me when we got back in the dugout that I would be taking the mound the next inning. I had not pitched to a batter since probably July. I got the first guy to ground to SS. Went through the SS legs, and all the way to the fence. he got to third and scored on a wild pitch. I walked the next batter. He was erased when he did not tag up on a flyball to the SS (different guy after the error). I got the next batter (a girl) to ground to third to end the inning. No hits, one walk, one unearned run and one wild pitch. I was due up second that inning. After he batter before my popped up to left, I reached down and banged a single into center. I was left on the bases.

At the beginning of the last inning , the umpire told us that we had 8 minutes left. The other team was the home team, so if I could not get them out in 8 minutes, they would win. The first guy crushed one. Luckily, he hit it to the deepest part of the ballpark, and our center fielder tracked it down. the next batter (a girl) grounded to first. Up to this point I had gone 2-0 on every batter. The last batter was different. I got a called strike. I noticed he was standing way outside the box and he would never hit an outside pitch. I threw him outside and he swung through it. I had him 0-2. the0-2 pitch was bounced. The next pitch was my best of the night. I felt it right from the release. It started off a little outside, then moved right back over the outside part of the plate for a called third strike. Its a good feeling as a pitcher to walk off the mound after a called third strike.

So my line was:

IP R ER K BB
2 1 0 1 1

The most decorated champion in the history of Properly Promoted
Old 03-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Send a message via AIM to Len Grimey Send a message via Skype™ to Len Grimey

Eh, I played softball last year myself and was re-pug-nant at the plate all year. Once it stops snowing, I'm hitting the cages at LEAST three times a week to come back this summer with a vengeance at the plate (or just to provide some type of production from the bottom of the order, cause every great team should be able to have that in order to win). But, not for nothing you were able to strike someone out on the mound so it's not a total loss ya know? If you can't hit the ball, make sure you stop the other guy from doing the same when given the chance I say.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Controversial as Barney

Playing in both a slow pitch AND a fast pitch league is going to FUBAR your timing at the plate, isn't it?

#PointlessNonTwitterHashtag
Old 03-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Coolest Guy Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomer View Post
Playing in both a slow pitch AND a fast pitch league is going to FUBAR your timing at the plate, isn't it?
It Fubars my slow pitch timing. I focusing everything on Fastpitch.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:42 PM
INTERNET GANGSTA

My 8-year-old son took BP in practice yesterday... and was perfect. The funny thing is that he didn't even realize that he hadn't missed a pitch and had basically driven everything to a gap or fouled it off. Usually, after a kid hits there are some balls that need to be collected behind home plate. He kind of nonchalantly walked back to the dugout, not thinking anything of it. I think the issue now is that he wants/expects to go yard. I think he's getting there.

The Miken is sick. It even sounds better than the composite Eastons. Basically nothing is going to waste.

My niece showed up to her girl's coach pitch practice in full Cat Osterman purple and silver attire. She is officially a mark who argues with the other girls that Cat is better than Jennie Finch. She scoffs at all of the pink and black gear like there is something wrong with it or it's flawed. Her BP round was pretty sharp too. Kids are suckers for believing in their equipment... especially bats.

I'm calling it now: My son is going to have a better average than TRO this spring season. Opening Day for him is April 5.

For when Peaky Blinders is one of your favorite TV shows, but you still like wrestling.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Controversial as Barney

I'm calling it now. Hen's niece will have a higher batting average that TRO (slow pitch) this spring season.

#PointlessNonTwitterHashtag
Old 03-17-2008, 05:32 PM
Coolest Guy Ever

Let's all keep track here.

Finch is better than Osterman, but Lisa Fernandez is better than Finch. Don't know enough about Dot Richardson to comment one way or another.

When you try to hit homeruns, you pop up. When ou try and drive te ball, you hit homeruns.

Here is an example. I was hitting fungos to the outfielders and just cranking them (I throw the ball up andhit it). We change the drill to where I had to hit it behind them so they can track the ball. Knowing I had to hit it harder, I swung harder and I could not get the ball to go anywhere.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:40 PM
INTERNET GANGSTA

Cool SI cover arriving in the box tomorrow.

For when Peaky Blinders is one of your favorite TV shows, but you still like wrestling.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:16 AM
Coolest Guy Ever

Tonight's game (and the season) is over. That is the best thing I can say about tonights game. The weels fell off early for us. I was the starting pitcher. I threw 10 pitches, 9 of them being balls, and I was lifted. I was fine with that because I knew it was a must win game, and I just didn't have it. I moved to right. Next inning I was in left. The pitcher that took my place hit his second guy of the inning and took himself out. Our center fielder came into pitch. I moved to center. That's where I stayed the next 4 or 5 terrible innings, running all over the place. Our right fielder was useless. H was the owner and only plays when he has to. H ecan't see the ball, or run. Fast pitch is over until Winter. I return to modified in the summer.

oh yeah. Here is how I ended the season at the plate

Old 03-27-2008, 01:00 PM
INTERNET GANGSTA

Oh well... there's always next season.[/cubs_fans]