Go Back   Properly Promoted > Starscream & Friends > World of Wrestling
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 07:27 PM

Default Will the good ship TNA finally sink (+ dated media player discussion)?

Now I know it was a running joke for awhile every year that TNA is finally going to call it quits, and every year like the bad guy in a cheesy horror movie it just refused to die.

I am curious though, with all the budget issues I've been hearing about lately, and being late with paychecks and such, will TNA finally go under...and stay under?

lets be clear though, I'm not nesicarly rooting for TNA to finally kick the bucket. Granted from the stuff I've heard/read on how they treat most of the undercard like shit, I kinda wonder if perhaps they had it coming.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=BobTheSkeleton
THE ONLY WRESTLING UPDATE HOSTED BY THE UNDEAD!
<a href=http://www.properlypromoted.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36&dateline=1377744610 target=_blank>http://www.properlypromoted.com/vb/i...ine=1377744610</a>
Old 08-26-2013, 07:31 PM

In the Kong shoot she talked about Dixie not living up to her nice public persona in the closed room meetings, and could be overheard saying things like "let them stay home and starve"

But I guess we could have figured that out anyways, simply because she could pay them more to begin with. Actions don't need words.

edit, oops, I left out my point.

Dixie impulse bought TNA. We all know that Jarrett used to sell the company based on what wrestling ratings, and attendance was back in the 90s. So he fed her and Panda (by proxy I guess) that thing, and they figured it would be easy money. But really, they don't know how to promote wrestling. They don't know how to present wrestling. They don't know how to make money in the field.

I think TNA's fate isn't any different then any company that gets bought out by people who doesn't really understand the businesses. Same thing happens when people invest in film, magazines, retail, or whatever else. Stupid decisions that usually turn off the target audience, and lead to a continual downfall in quality, and then a write off of the whole company.

Same thing happens with Tech companies. People make doomed services like YouTube, Instagram, and Tumblr. Then they sell their snake oil to a much bigger company at an inflated price who is left trying to figure out how to make a profit off that business.

Panda bought a failed start up, and will forever struggle to find a way to make it profitable. Doesn't help that their only competitor flooded the market with lower quality product to make that impossible. They are doomed. Especially with touring.

Not touring will probably kill them.
Touring will most likely kill them.

Last edited by that D222rk fellow : 08-26-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:46 PM

The sad thing is - if TNA does go under, hardly anyone will care...
Old 08-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Southpaw Regional Champ!

Send a message via Yahoo to Redneck Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O'Mac View Post
The sad thing is - if TNA does go under, hardly anyone will care...
Well you can count me under the banner as one that will care.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:44 AM
INTERNET GANGSTA

I think the TV programming is safe for as long as Spike decides to air it. They can simply turn the promotion into one of those cut-rate, made-for-TV wrestling shows like Wrestling Society X, WACK, or that lucha whatever thing that lasted six episodes. They already have a history of leasing the name and trademarks to promoters, so they could continue to do that for as long as the product is on TV. So the promotion could effectively be dead but still exist in Spike's TV programming. It's an interesting situation for a company with such a horrible history of business management.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEN View Post
I think the TV programming is safe for as long as Spike decides to air it. They can simply turn the promotion into one of those cut-rate, made-for-TV wrestling shows like Wrestling Society X.
I actually really kinda dug WSX, I thought for a 30 minute show it was paced better then both RAW and iMPACT at the time. but it was on MTV, and therefore was doomed from the start.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=BobTheSkeleton
THE ONLY WRESTLING UPDATE HOSTED BY THE UNDEAD!
<a href=http://www.properlypromoted.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36&dateline=1377744610 target=_blank>http://www.properlypromoted.com/vb/i...ine=1377744610</a>
Old 08-28-2013, 04:07 AM
INTERNET GANGSTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Skeleton View Post
I actually really kinda dug WSX, I thought for a 30 minute show it was paced better then both RAW and iMPACT at the time. but it was on MTV, and therefore was doomed from the start.
I'm not saying Impact will ever be as good as WSX... just clarifying... because it won't.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:10 AM

Quote:
I'm not saying Impact will ever be as good as WSX... just clarifying... because it won't.
WSX had the characters down. They just needed someone who knew and cared about the wrestling, along with MTV actually being behind it.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:17 AM
INTERNET GANGSTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by that D222rk fellow View Post
WSX had the characters down.
To be fair, they allowed a lot of seasoned indy guys to maintain their characters completely unfettered... along with the discovery of the greatest catch-as-catch-can grappler the world has ever known. But even when they went completely original like pairing Lizzy Valentine and Matt Sydal, the characters just clicked.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:19 AM

Quote:
To be fair, they allowed a lot of seasoned indy guys to maintain their characters completely unfettered... along with the discovery of the greatest catch-as-catch-can grappler the world has ever known. But even when they went completely original like pairing Lizzy Valentine and Matt Sydal, the characters just clicked.
Seems like they just everyone do their own thing. But they produced all those skits to introduce everyone, and IMO, it worked well.