Go Back   Properly Promoted > Starscream & Friends > Mixed Martial Arts
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Coolest Guy Ever

Location: Arlington, VA (I would say DC, but Raf would get mad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendomark View Post
Ryan Shamrock is Ken's son.
Confusing.

The most decorated champion in the history of Properly Promoted
Old 01-15-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael122 View Post
EliteXC signs Ryan and Ken Shamrock.
It's been rumored for a while that Ken is going to fight Frank...now its seems like it will happen, probably in the fall...
Old 01-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Azucar Dance Club Member and IHOP Stud ~twitterbang~

Send a message via MSN to Rafael122

According to Meltzer, UFC has sued Randy Couture.

Ryan and Ken Shamrock will debut on the 3/18 Elite XC show from London.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:15 PM

Bad night for their debuts. UFC runs in Manchester and there is a huge world title boxing fight across town in London at the o2 arena (which is why UFC is gonna be in Manchester and not London).
Old 01-15-2008, 11:39 PM

nahhhhh, Cage Rage has a loyal fanbase now, i dont think there will be a problem selling tickets.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:29 AM

since they have Shamrock under contract I would love to see him do some color commentary on their other Broadcasts. He did a handful of shows for UFC and i seem to remember enjoying his work, especially the Ricco Rodriguez - tim Sylvia fight. I would rather see him than Bill Goldberg in the booth. Hope they bring back jay glazer since football season is over.
Karo Parysian : "I’d like to say right now is, who in the hell is Jon Fitch? All of a sudden he’s beaten Diego Sanchez that I lost to and that makes him mister tough guy, like he can challenge me .....These guys were in there mom’s stomach when Karo Parisyan was fighting in MMA…"
"this American shit they have — this bullying — what are we talking about? I wasn’t even going to punch Nate Diaz, I was going to slap him. I wasn’t even going to punch him."
Old 01-17-2008, 01:16 AM

Here's a pic of Ken and his son Ryan.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:41 PM

It's been awhile since we've heard anything about the UFC videogame that is supposed to come out this year. Well Joe Lauzon has a photo story on his website where he mentions doing stuff for the game and there is a pic of him getting scanned for the game.

http://joelauzon.com/index.php?view=readMore&id=50
Old 01-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Azucar Dance Club Member and IHOP Stud ~twitterbang~

Send a message via MSN to Rafael122

Nick Diaz to return in April?

Quote:
According to MMAJunkie.com Gary Shaw wants him to fight on his April card in Hawaii. A rematch with Noons is a possibility. Diaz is currently healing from surgery from his cuts in his loss to Noons.
UFC/CBS Deal Stalls

Quote:
According to multiple sources and reports including MMAPayout.com, negotiations between the UFC and CBS have come to a stall. The UFC's refusal to give up creative control, which was a major reason for the breakdown of negotiations with HBO, appears to be at the root of the impasse.

So with negotiations stalled, the UFC apparently reached out to NBC who showed little interest in working with the UFC and Dana White in particular. However, NBC is said to be continuing talks with the IFL, Strikeforce, M-1 and K-1 for late night programing, with Strikeforce possibly already securing a deal with the network giant.
Dana can't close anything.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Diego Sanchez will return to action on March 1 in Columbus, Ohio and will face new American Top Team member Roan Carneiro, as Sanchez himself announced via his MySpace page on Friday.

Sanchez is coming off of back to back losses to Josh Koscheck and Jon Fitch, the first losses of his career, and he hopes to get back on track in the fight with Carneiro.

The Ultimate Fighter season one winner also recently talked about his new team of trainers which will consist of Rob Garcia, who will handle his stand-up and strength and conditioning, along with Saulo and Xande Ribeiro, who will work with Diego on his ground game.

Carneiro currently sports a 2-1 record inside the Octagon with his lone loss also coming at the hands of Jon Fitch, but recently the fighter migrated to the American Top Team academy in Florida where he will train alongside one of the best MMA camps in the world.

The fight could be a ground clinic as both competitors are known for their tremendous jiu-jitsu games, and while no official announcement has been made by the UFC regarding this fight it is believed this match-up will go on the main card for the pay-per-view featuring a headline title fight between champion Anderson Silva and Dan Henderson.

credit mmaweekly
I'm glad to see Diego back.