Go Back   Properly Promoted > Starscream & Friends > Other Sports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Send a message via AIM to Len Grimey Send a message via Skype™ to Len Grimey
Default BASKETBALL: The Official ~Locked Out~ Thread [NBA]

I'm giving the NBA its own thread for posters to come and speak on matters of the NBA variety, including but not limited to...

- The Cavs being exposed yet again as 60 win pretenders in the playoffs.
- The Celts showing the world "THEY STILL GOT IT!!!"...
- Phoenix trying to expel Kobe off his throne as they try for just their third Finals appearance in franchise history, second since 1993.
- Los Angeles trying to make back to back Finals appearances since doing so during their threepeat just a decade ago.
- Orlando trying to keep their title in the East, while taking it away from Los Angeles. (By the by, Orlando officially sits in the catbird seat from this point forward with homecourt advantage throughout the remainder of the playoffs.)

Oh and I'd like to take this time to wish Mike Woodson well in his future endeavors, as Atlanta decided his services were no longer needed. (Mike Brown inexplicably somehow, will not suffer this same fate...for now anyway. We'll table this until the Summer, when LeBron makes up his mind. If he leaves, Brown probably won't last until Christmas before getting the axe.)
Old 05-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Grimm but NEVER forgotten

Im not a fan, but this amused the hell out of me

http://www.break.com/index/we-are-lebron-video.html

Grimmy
we are the world...
In reference to the dropped $10 million lawsuit from Ashley Dupree, the hooker who was with Eliot Spitzer
Old 05-15-2010, 02:17 AM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
Im not a fan, but this amused the hell out of me

http://www.break.com/index/we-are-lebron-video.html

Grimmy
we are the world...

Having stayed in that state for 9 years and change...I...

I'm not sure how many different ways I can say "desperation", but yeah. That reeked of it. Never before has one man been linked to the economy of an entire city. It was one thing when the Browns left for Baltimore, the entire city may as well set itself on fire if LeBron doesn't stay. They'll have virtually no professional teams worth watching.

Browns? Only if you're paying to see their opposition.

Indians? I guess there's always the attraction of going to see the next great pitcher that will eventually be dealt once he wins a Cy Young (i.e. Cliff Lee and C.C. Sabathia).

I read somewhere that Seattle was the most tortured sports city in America. I call bollocks to that. It's Cleveland and it's not even close.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:33 AM
Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGrimey View Post
It's Cleveland and it's not even close.
Buffalo.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:47 AM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minion View Post
Buffalo.
Buffalo still has its football team, even if it hasn't resembled one since the early 90s. (I quietly believe that franchise was set back about 30 years being on the wrong end of that Music City Miracle, but I digress.)

They lost their basketball team to Los Angeles...which I find somewhat funny for reasons I can't quite explain. But then again, considering they became the Clippers, perhaps that's a blessing in disguise.

Then there's the Sabres. They had Hasek and went to the Cup Finals only to get jobbed to Dallas a few years ago, then lucked up getting Ryan Miller who was hotter than fish grease when the country needed him...only to cool off faster than Lindsey Lohan's movie stock in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I still maintain it's Cleveland. The average Clevelander can rattle off at least 5 plays within the last 10 years or so that have deprived them of a major title between baseball and basketball ALONE. Buffalo's merely a city of shitty teams that nobody really gives a shit about. (Sabres are the exception, the Bills be the Blue and Red "Golden" Rule. )
Old 05-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Magic suffer their first loss of the playoffs, once again proving rust over rest for teams that have extended layoffs against teams fresh off a series clinching win.

Man, care to count how many bricks may be laid early between the Lakers and Suns tomorrow night? By the by, my predictions are as follows...

Suns/Lakers
- Lakers in 6. There's an outside shot Phoenix can take this, but I doubt it. Kobe's got some serious shit against the team that humiliated and embarrassed him in back to back postseasons, so I fully expect him to be in F-U Bitches mode.

Magic/Celtics
- KG's back for Boston and Jameer's back for Orlando. I think rust aside, the Magic will respond in Game 2. This will be a dogfight of the 'they could stage this in Michael Vick's backyard' variety and honestly, I think it's a tossup. They are that evenly matched in my book, but having said that...

I'm going with Boston in 7. Experience tips in their favor and I think the chip on their shoulder is just a little bigger than Orlando's.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:29 AM
Azucar Dance Club Member and IHOP Stud ~twitterbang~

Send a message via MSN to Rafael122

JOHN WALL! JOHN WALL! JOHN WALL!
Old 05-20-2010, 02:50 AM

Celtics have been kicking ass so far. Too many mental mistakes by Orlando.

I'm hoping Phoenix can beat the Lakers, but they are a tough matchup for them.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael122 View Post
JOHN WALL! JOHN WALL! JOHN WALL!
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not buying into the mega hype surrounding him coming out. Oh and him going to Washington alongside (assuming the Wiz find someone dumb enough to take him off their hands which I doubt) Arenas...I dunno. For all the coaches that have or will be fired, how can they justify keeping Flip Saunders around after the year he had? HOW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendomark View Post
Celtics have been kicking ass so far. Too many mental mistakes by Orlando.

I'm hoping Phoenix can beat the Lakers, but they are a tough matchup for them.
The Celtics' run is reminding me of the one Flair made back in the early 90s when folks thought he was done, but still had "it". I think Celts/Lakers II will be a better draw for the folk who get their jollies off the cute numbers Nielsen attaches to these damn series.

Phoenix managed to get to this point off some favorable matchups (Portland was too thin, San Antonio was just too old and weren't able to intimidate the Suns like in years past), but their luck's run out. They're way too thin inside, which is absolutely KILLING them in this series so far. I'm not really going to waste any time trying to rationalize a possible win scenario for Phoenix, cause I just don't see it. Kobe's locked in on making these boys pay for jobbing him out in the playoffs a few years back, most notably 2006 when the Lakers lost a 3-1 series lead.

Oh and I'm calling this right now...

The Nets will use that third pick on either Favors or Cousins, get LeBron and Joe Johnson to round out a stellar starting five that WILL make the playoffs next season. (I'm unsure at the moment who Prokhorov will pick as his coach, but cross anyone in the college game off the list. He's not wasting his money on some media generated genius.) I believe in Russian Mike.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Azucar Dance Club Member and IHOP Stud ~twitterbang~

Send a message via MSN to Rafael122

Dude, I follow the Wizards hardcore. Flip's a legit coach.

As evident by what happened in Dallas and Cleveland, they were right to move Butler and Jamison and Haywood. The team that was constructed could not get it done and they simply had to break it up.