Go Back   Properly Promoted > Starscream & Friends > Other Sports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2014, 12:40 AM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Send a message via AIM to Len Grimey Send a message via Skype™ to Len Grimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEN View Post
Lolz at Baylor and TCU. Seriously, what were people expecting?
Quote:
But yeah, odds are Overrated State likely gets the nod just cause this shit's rigged to all get out.
I think if they're expecting something even close to what we get with college basketball, they need to think again. ESPN's driving this thing from now until the contract expires. The second OSU alum Kirk Herbstreit started slurping up his alma mater, I kinda felt it was heading this way.

Technically speaking, Baylor is your Big XII Champion. The talking heads will foolishly sell you on this ideal of "co-champions" to which I'd ask "HOW?! TCU LOST TO BAYLOR!!!". I'd wager a decent amount of money that if FSU were an FAU or FIU, they'd be iced out of this thing. The mere fact that they're the lone unbeaten in this thing, yet looking up at two one loss teams is insulting to say the least. Miss me on that 'body of work/strength of schedule' bullshit. It's not FSU's fault that the teams on their schedule aren't remotely close to the quality of opposition Bama and Oregon see on a yearly basis. But if we insist on going there, "Oklahoma State beat OU yesterday!!! That has to count for something, right???".

If we had the BCS, we'd likely be looking at Alabama v. Florida State, Oregon v. Ohio State in the Rose, Baylor v. Boise State in the Fiesta and likely TCU v. Mississippi St in the Orange Bowl. Ah well...
Old 12-08-2014, 12:55 AM
INTERNET GANGSTA

The Big 12 is stupid for not having a conference championship game in 2014. Their university presidents were born yesterday.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:57 AM
Azucar Dance Club Member and IHOP Stud ~twitterbang~

Send a message via MSN to Rafael122

The playoff system didn't screw the Big 12, the Big 12 screwed the Big 12.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:19 AM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Send a message via AIM to Len Grimey Send a message via Skype™ to Len Grimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEN View Post
The Big 12 is stupid for not having a conference championship game in 2014. Their university presidents were born yesterday.
Well, their conference did get poached by the SEC and they're now down to 10 teams I think. Love that the Big XII has 10 teams while the Big Midwest has like 14.

And yeah, they were foolish for taking the Big School Invitational Committee's word for not having a title game and being okay. Dummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael122 View Post
The playoff system didn't screw the Big 12, the Big 12 screwed the Big 12.
Well, that and Baylor isn't Texas. If Baylor were Texas, they would've been let in. In the end, Baylor & TCU aren't Overrated State. Guess they figure the fans of the shiny helmets and frogs on helmets don't travel as well as the Nut Faithful do.

Ah well, considering the prize for being #4 is a game against Alabama...maybe they were fortunate in the end. Saban did coach Urban out of Florida and into a hospital a few years back.