Go Back   Properly Promoted > Starscream & Friends > Other Sports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Send a message via AIM to Len Grimey Send a message via Skype™ to Len Grimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael122 View Post
Terrell Pryor is an idiot.

I mean let's be real, guys like him, top players in top programs are probably getting something under the table anyway. He's just an idiot because he got caught.
Reggie Bush, Pete Carroll & A.J. Green find this to be insulting.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Quote:
I like the fact that TCU is going to the Big East. This is there way of telling the BCS "fuck you." TCU wins the Big East and they get the automatic qualifier.

Conference shouldn't be too bad now, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, TCU, Connecticut. Heck even Louisville, South Florida and Syracuse are bowl eligible this year.

TCU did what Boise State should have done.
I knew when Miami and Boston College left, this would essentially be nothing more than a basketball conference...but this season was utterly ridiculous. Wannstedt's Pitt Crew should've ran away with the fucking conference and not only did they blow a two game lead, UConn managed to earn itself a ticket to the fucking Fiesta Bowl and its first conference crown in something that doesn't require bouncing a ball up and down the hardwood. (Note, if OU figures out a way to lose to UConn, its future BCS privileges need to be revoked. SERIOUSLY. Like, a 5 year BCS ban for being that fucking pathetic. I wonder how J.R. would take it...)

Still, I think TCU's move was quietly set on Boise State's move than it was the Mountain West. The conference itself with Boise State and Utah would've been better and probably would've gained unofficial BCS cred with the top half of that conference being what it was. I just think TCU looked at Boise State and said, "shit, we're probably not outrecruiting these guys and I don't want them knocking our heads in and getting that BCS payday". So they ran to the Least Common Denominator in the BCS equation and figure to be running it in 2012.

Quote:
Terrell Pryor is an idiot.

I mean let's be real, guys like him, top players in top programs are probably getting something under the table anyway. He's just an idiot because he got caught.
I forgot to mention this before, but yeah. The timing of this couldn't have been worst for Pryor above all others. Right now just on the eye look only, he's not ready for the pros. He really isn't. I heard one scout say he wouldn't touch Pryor with a 10 foot pole. If I were a GM, I'd take Colin Kaepernick of Nevada over him. (Seriously.) Pryor's like Troy Smith 2.0 in a not so complimentary way. Basically the only way I see Terrell seeing the field within his first three years in a meaningful pro game is if it hits what I call SF Singletary levels (1st string sucks, 2nd string is hurt or that much worse so why not the guy holding the clipboard).

He could've used the first part of that schedule next season to pad his stats, show the pro scouts what he has and what he needs to work on. But taking away the Cupcake Portion of that schedule and having him come in for the meat and potatoes part where defenses figure to be much better...he probably cost himself MILLIONS just for some "free ink". Fucking moron.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Suplex City, Bitch.

TCU adds itself alongside the likes Utah & Boise State as BCS Busters.

Big, err, Mini Ten goes winless to ring in 2011. SEC goes Road Runner on Michigan, Michigan State & Penn State.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Azucar Dance Club Member and IHOP Stud ~twitterbang~

Send a message via MSN to Rafael122

Big 10 is a joke.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Quote:
Big 10 is a joke.
OU finally drew a team it could beat in January, beating UConn.

Women lose to the last team that snuffed em out 89 games ago & the football team gets dissected by the Sooners. VT/Stanford on Monday.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Danger Zone

Location: Jon Stewart's Endangered Fish and Tiger Cub Warehouse

Um, the Big Ten did not go winless in all the bowl games FYI, just the NYD games, and in at least 2 of them, they were competitive, I would not go as far as to say the Big Ten sucks, but it sure as hell didn't look good on NYD, especially Michigan St.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet Tough Guy View Post
Um, the Big Ten did not go winless in all the bowl games FYI, just the NYD games, and in at least 2 of them, they were competitive, I would not go as far as to say the Big Ten sucks, but it sure as hell didn't look good on NYD, especially Michigan St.
That's what I meant.

I hear that an OSU loss on Tuesday night will spark two new division names...

Suck & Blow.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Danger Zone

Location: Jon Stewart's Endangered Fish and Tiger Cub Warehouse

That's just wrong.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:09 AM
Ready to Rock!

The Big East really needs to get rid of all the basketball only teams and rebuild the conference with teams that play both football and basketball, and yes that includes Notre Dame if they don't want to join in football too. TCU is a great addition but they need another team. I know there is an offer for Villinova to move up to an FBS school but I really don't seem them making the jump. I think that UCF (yes i'm slightly biased) is the most logical choice to move into the Big East.

I do find it kinda silly the NCAA requires a league to have 12 teams to host a league championship game, when 10 should be enough.

Get your Portable ID!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Azucar Dance Club Member and IHOP Stud ~twitterbang~

Send a message via MSN to Rafael122

Big East has West Virginia and TCU now. Pittsburg too I suppose. They have like 2 really good teams, a couple of above average teams, and everything else is meh.