Go Back   Properly Promoted > Starscream & Friends > Other Sports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which player is most-deserving of the fan adulation?
10. Troy Polamalu - Pittsburgh Steelers 0 0%
9. Victor Cruz - New York Giants 0 0%
8. Patrick Willis - San Francisco 49ers 0 0%
7. Tom Brady - New England Patriots 0 0%
6. Andrew Luck - Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
5. Eli Manning - New York Giants 2 66.67%
4. Aaron Rodgers - Green Bay Packers 0 0%
3. Tim Tebow - New York Jets 0 0%
2. Robert Griffin III - Washington Redskins 0 0%
1. Peyton Manning - Denver Broncos 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Send a message via AIM to Len Grimey Send a message via Skype™ to Len Grimey

Gonna make my picks for this season in descending order from "absolutely certain" to "not even flipping a coin helped me decide" or "I don't really give a shit, because they aren't gonna do much in early January anyhow"...

NFC North: The Pack. Yeah, they're mean.
AFC West: The SuperChargers. Honestly, if Norv Turner doesn't regain the stranglehold they never should've lost on this division this season...he's fired.
AFC North: The Steelers. They will be driven by the memory of failing horribly in last year's Super Bowl to Aaron Rodgers and the Pack.
NFC East: Dallas. I'm not buying into the hype that be the Philly Eagles. You shouldn't either. Philly's figured out a way to choke away late season runs and for some odd reason, I think the Garrett/Ryan thing will help keep those 'Boys from doing their usual self-destruct thing.
NFC South: The Saints. I want to think that the Falcons are gonna remain atop this division, but I dunno. I turned off Thursday night's game against the Pack thinking they were gonna win in a wash and instead, NO battled back to come within a YARD of tying the champs in their home. Mark Ingram will be Offensive ROTY and they won't miss Reggie at all.
AFC East: As a Jets fan, this should be easy for me to pick. But at the same time, I can't help but feel like they lost TOO MUCH by letting the likes of Braylon and other key cogs roll out. So against my judgment, I'm taking the Pats to win the division AGAIN.
AFC South aka That Division Nobody Cares About Now That Peyton's Out For An Undisclosed Period: If wrestling's taught us anything about neck and back injuries, it's that they don't go away. A QB like Peyton with one, yeah...forget about Indy this season. Sadly, the rest of this division isn't your taster's choice as all of them are equally flawed.

Put up against it though, I'm inclined to go with...(picks team out of a hat) the Titans. Don't trust Schaub yet, not certain Houston's as ready as most want them to be.
NFC West: Wow. In all my years of watching football, I never imagined I'd see a division THIS abysmal. I mean, there are no real favorites and even with that said...I couldn't pick any of them doing something legitimate in the playoffs even at gunpoint. Grimey's picking the Lambs, err, Rams. Just cause quite honestly, I don't care.

AFC Wild Cards: Jets & ??? (See Sleeper Team)
AFC Sleeper Team & Wild Card #2: The Brownies. Shockingly easy schedule (won't see a legitimate power until the first Sunday in December), plus not having any real expectations either locally or nationally (they seem to thrive when nobody gives a shit) combined with a better QB and feasibly their best running back since returning in 1999 (which could be redacted due to the Madden Curse)...should work out nicely for the Brownies.
NFC Wild Cards: Philly & Minny
NFC Sleeper: 49ers. In a year when I think everyone's got them tanking to get luck, I think they're a legitimate powder keg. If Alex Smith can get anything pulled out of him by Harbaugh, this offense has more weapons than anyone else within the division. Not only can they do something north of 8 wins, I believe they could shock a team or two in the playoffs. (Possibly.)

Grimey's Last Four: Jets, Steelers, Pack & Saints.
Grimey's SB Picks: Jets & Saints.
Grimey's SB Champ: The J-E-T-S, JETS JETS JETS!!! (What? You really think I was gonna pick against my boys twice in one post? )
Old 09-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Azucar Dance Club Member and IHOP Stud ~twitterbang~

Send a message via MSN to Rafael122

Skins are 2-0, but we're probably the weakest 2-0 team right now. Defense is sick this year, absolutely sick. I blasted Haslett and his scheme last year but it looks like it was more b/c we didn't have the personnel to pull it off. This year we do.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael122 View Post
Skins are 2-0, but we're probably the weakest 2-0 team right now. Defense is sick this year, absolutely sick. I blasted Haslett and his scheme last year but it looks like it was more b/c we didn't have the personnel to pull it off. This year we do.
Now I wouldn't go that far with it...Buffalo hasn't fled to the CFL yet have they?

Other thoughts from me since quite honestly, I can give two shits about this Monday Night game and regardless of the result, neither team's gonna amount to a hill of beans in the long haul...

- Tom Brady's focused man. Tell Aaron Rodgers to holla at him, MAN. Me thinks he's righteously pissed that he has gone four years without a single playoff win. That the Jets are starting to thumb their nose at him and not only that, had the audacity to beat him at home last year in the Divisional Round. Tom's 2 Weeks > Cam's 2 Weeks...which reminds me...
- Before we get all wet and shit over Cam and start doing shit like proclaiming he's better than we thought, let's take into account the fact that he's essentially a looter in a riot. He's got a shit squad, they probably won't be as abysmal as expected but once defenses really get him figured out, this will cease. Least Carolina fans don't have to worry about the QB position for a few years. (Possibly)
- So the Dream Team's a legitimate nightmare after all, huh? No, Grimey's not surprised at all and as I told HEN last night, I was kinda convinced that the Falcons were gonna blow it all in an attempt to prove Ryan's better for them than Vick. They did win and Vick knocked himself silly on his own lineman's head. (Go fig.) I'm set on the notion that Philly wil win the Wild Card, because they're not beating Dallas twice this year. Dallas's defense is gonna have a field day with that crap offensive line and Vick's gonna be running for his life thanks to the schemes Rob's gonna throw his way. Speaking of...
- Have I mentioned how horrible the NFC West is yet? No? Well I just did, pay attention.
- As for Dallas, Romo definitely showed some backbone yesterday returning against the Niners. Sadly, I won't go all gushy over it because well, these aren't the Montana/Rice Niners. These be the Gore/V.Davis Niners with Alex "I'm gonna make Niner fans hate me for life because San Fran didn't take Aaron Rodgers" Smith guys that can't hold a double digit lead in the 4th against da 'Boys.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Danger Zone

Location: Jon Stewart's Endangered Fish and Tiger Cub Warehouse

Buffalo Bills > New England Patriots.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:40 PM
Suplex City, Bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet Tough Guy View Post
Buffalo Bills > New England Patriots.
I see that soon to be horribly ridiculous formula and raise you this one...

Detroit Lions > Buffalo Hot Wings

Which segues beautifully into my first point in Grimey's Week 3 Review...

- New England had a bad day yesterday in Buffalo. Tom made Buffalo's D look better than it probably is in reality. New England inexplicably self-destructed down the stretch, Darth Hoodie absolutely lost it late calling the timeout that pretty much enabled Buffalo to sit on it until the end. Ocho's showing he's unable to catch a cold in the middle of flu season and the D is...very un-Patriot-ic. Rematch in Foxboro later this year will tell the story.
But while I'm not buying Buffalo being legitimate stock...
- I'm putting a ton of shares into Detroit. Stafford...healthy. Calvin Johnson as Megatron? Yeah, I'm buying that. This defense is okay, well be even better when Fairley suits up and lines up next to Suh. I'm set on the belief that at least one half of the NFC Championship Game will come out of the NFC North. Whoever emerges out of the Packers/Lions tilt (which has meaning for the first time since Favre and Barry suited up for each team respectively) will stand opposite of whomever wins the NFC South (is it just me or is the South like the shiznit in all things football?) in the NFC Championship Game.

Unlike Buffalo, Detroit's got talent on both sides of the ball, its defense is built around Mister Suh and offensively the 1-2 punch of Stafford & Johnson is going to be one of the best for years to come. They've got a serious chip on their shoulders and they're playing like it. Detroit's one of a small handful of teams that is remotely capable of banging with Green Bay on an even playing field.
- It's a done deal for Indy this year. I mean, we knew that beforehand, but word breaking that Peyton's not coming back this year confirms it. Mister Grimey is also announcing the likes of KC, STL, MIN & MIA dead on arrival. They all suck and sans perhaps the Lambs & Vikes, will be competing for the right to draft either Luck or Kellen Moore aka Poor Man's Joe Montana in Grimey's book, in the 2012 NFL Draft.
- Even if Washington does the unthinkable tonight and win, Dallas will win the NFC East. Philly's ph-laws are starting to show and Vick's inability to stay upright for 16 games, aside from many other notable things, will cost this team the division. Could FEASIBLY cost them a playoff spot if Atlanta can bounce back to snatch a wild card spot.
- Is Grimey shocked that there's a three way tie atop the AFC North right now? Kinda. I didn't expect Baltimore to stumble last week, otherwise we'd be talking about the Steelers and Browns battling for 2nd right now. But with the growing improvement of the Browns as a unit and McCoy as a QB, I see Cleveland sticking around. If they can suffer no more than two more losses before the first weekend in December, they're playoff bound. If they can make it there with just ONE...their battles with Baltimore and Blitzburgh will determine the division champion.

(Grimey would like to see Cleveland win the division, because dwelling in this local area, it needs SOMETHING, ANYTHING to take their minds off of You Know Who going all Hulk Hogan on them circa July 1996 last Summer.)
Old 09-27-2011, 12:35 PM

FUCK DALLAS.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:46 PM
NWAMike

Philly considered themselves "The Dream Team". You think Asomugha regrets not signing with the Jets or even Dallas? As a Pats fan, I'm glad he didn't sign with the Jets, because with him AND Revis, plus with Holmes and Burress at WR, they would have been like a "Dream Team", along with Sanchez and Rexy the big mouth.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:20 PM

Honestly I think Nnandi is a bit overrated. No one throws to him b/c he's a great corner, but now it seems like QBs don't fear him, apparently he can't tackle either. It's all foreign to him. I don't think he's on the level of Revis to be honest.

BTW, speaking of interceptions, LULZ at Tony Romo. I think the media needs to shut up about him. Seriously, until Romo proves he can do more than win a playoff game, just let him play. Every week it's either he's heroic and gutsy and one of the best QBs in the game or he's awful, gunslinger, etc. Pick one, or don't form an opinion on him.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:15 AM

Two quick things: My Jets are fucking embarrassing. In other news Hank Williams Jr has been pulled from MNF opening for comparing Obama to Hitler on Fox and Friends.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:09 PM

Ya know, people may not agree with Obama but to always use the Hitler comparison is downright embarrassing.