Go Back   Properly Promoted > Starscream & Friends > World of Wrestling
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2014, 05:39 PM

Random Thoughts:

I think the worst thing about TNA on TV is that it's been so bad that it hurts wrestling as a whole. To the average non fan, wrestling is wrestling. When they turn on the TV and see those horrible, embarrassing skits and non finishes, it just turns fans completely off the whole concept, not just TNA.

The only good thing about TNA on tv is tumblr gifs of Velvet Sky and Gail Kim.

---

As I've been saying since 2002. Dixie Carter went shopping one day and brought home a bankrupt wrestling promotion.

She invited Hulk Hogan over for a party, and he brought 25 of his closest friends over and they all worked her over for a few years and drained the company finances.

---

People are saying the NYC tapings went very well. No they didn't. They booked another throwback show (this time to ECW) for the local fans and as usual, a bunch of temporary outside wrestlers jobbed out all their talent.

No one went to see TNA. They went to see Team 3D, Dreamer, and Lowki. Lowki did what everyone else does. He came in, squashed the guy who was getting heat in the x-division in 2 minutes, and he'll be gone soon enough.

Dreamer and Team 3D ended the Dixie angle. Dreamer is gone now, so no one in the company is even going to benefit. This was their big angle for tv for the last few months. Dreamer and Bubba team up because Dixie pulled Bubba from a House of Hardcore show.

Same with MVP. Random guy comes in and runs over everyone, teaming with another outsider. They'll be gone soon with all of Dixie's money. Same as always.

---

F4W is saying that TNA is doomed because they can't tour without TV. They can't even tour with TV. Their TV is a 2 hour reason to never go see one of their shows. Their touring roster is the people who get squashed by guys who don't even work there. They can't fill a small gym.

People say that they put on house shows that are really good and entertaining. What does that matter if you could only talk 17 people into the building? When people turn on the tv all they see is a really bad skits, TNA talent losing to people who are scamming Dixie out of money, and a nonsensical company match style that is just random spots with a screwjob finish.

Who watches that and says "Wow, I have to go see that when it comes to town!".

My local radio station literally couldn't give tickets away. I wish I could have recorded it. People are like OMG I NEVER WON ANYTHING IN MY LIFE.. Then ... YOU KNOW WHAT? NEVERMIND, I'M GOOD, GIVE THEM TO THE NEXT CALLER.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:54 PM
Coolest Guy Ever

Location: Arlington, VA (I would say DC, but Raf would get mad)

I agree with everything Daaark said.

The most decorated champion in the history of Properly Promoted
Old 07-28-2014, 06:30 PM

TNA doesn't realize that wrestlers are a package deal. There aren't 'big stars' that can draw ratings, or fill houses just by themselves. You can add them to a good product to help improve it overall, but they can't make the product good simply by being there.

They try to bring in people just to string up a bad product and never try to fix the problems at the core of the company and the business model.

It's the same with the 6 sided ring.

MVP is a great character. MVP can contribute to a good product and make it that much better. But MVP can't come to TNA and make TNA better.

Same with Hogan / Foley / etc...

You can't make a rotten cake edible by putting premium icing on it.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Azucar Dance Club Member and IHOP Stud ~twitterbang~

Send a message via MSN to Rafael122

Quote:
Originally Posted by that D222rk fellow View Post
TNA doesn't realize that wrestlers are a package deal. There aren't 'big stars' that can draw ratings, or fill houses just by themselves. You can add them to a good product to help improve it overall, but they can't make the product good simply by being there.

They try to bring in people just to string up a bad product and never try to fix the problems at the core of the company and the business model.

It's the same with the 6 sided ring.

MVP is a great character. MVP can contribute to a good product and make it that much better. But MVP can't come to TNA and make TNA better.

Same with Hogan / Foley / etc...

You can't make a rotten cake edible by putting premium icing on it.
Yes you can actually.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:41 PM

Funnily enough, Dreamer who work(ed/s) there has a little side project going that is actually able to tour and sell tickets. It's a very sensible business plan where he gets people who have a following in the northeast and then books them with some up and coming guys and puts on classic / solid pro wrestling shows.

Dreamer has it figured out. He has a side project, and makes random WWE appearances, while getting money from TNA on the side.

He used Dixie the way everyone else does to further his own outside business interests.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:56 PM
INTERNET GANGSTA

Quote:
They'll be gone soon with all of Dixie's money.
Is it even hers? In that it would explain a lot if her own personal bottom line is never actually exposed.

Quote:
There aren't 'big stars' that can draw ratings, or fill houses just by themselves.
Preach.[/choir] Been saying this for years.

When I stopped watching TNA in 2007, my thought was that it was bad in a bad way. I have watched bad wrestling programming before that was so bad that it was unintentionally funny, and found enjoyment in it that way. The TNA I stopped watching had no redeeming qualities.

And no, you can't put premium icing on this...

...and make it edible.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:13 PM

I know I've been saying it for years.

I assume all the money is Dixie's allowance money.

Dixie is just an extremely unintelligent person who happens to have a lot of money. And just like everyone else in that position, there are a lot of people who want to do business with her.

Hogan and Foley used her to promote their books.
Dreamer used her to advertise House Of Hardcore.
etc...

And they are still pushing the Hardys whose careers are dead. How is Hardy even allowed to walk into a ring anymore after what he did a few years ago?

He stumbled to the ring high as a kite, and then when Sting held him down for the pin, he screamed like a little girl (literally) and dug his purple painted nails into Sting's neck.

Killed your gimmick Jeff. You shouldn't be fighting Lashley for the belt.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:03 PM
Lance Catamaran

Quote:
Killed your gimmick Jeff. You shouldn't be fighting Lashley for the belt.
This gif is actually a very good metaphor for TNA, come to think of it.

Last edited by Starscream666 : 07-28-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:09 PM
NWAMike

It is ironic that some of the people that helped put WCW out of business were responsible for TNA now off Spike TV.

Daaark makes a great point about wrestling in general. It's still a niche audience and WWE has it.

I stopped watching TNA 2 years ago. Haven't watched it since.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:34 PM
Lance Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelbook
7 Reasons Why Cancelling IMPACT Is Unfair
By Heelbook on July 28, 2014

On Sunday, TMZ broke the news that TNA’s Impact Wrestling was NOT going to get picked up by Spike TV. Unlike my guest poster’s earlier remarks about Why You Shouldn’t Feel Sorry For TNA I can’t help but feel that after years and years of Harvard-level management, super creative booking and Forbes-worthy business results, this Spike TV decision is patently unfair. Here’s why:

1. All over the country, Lashley was selling out the front row.

2. It comes after Dixie Carter won a “Feast or Fired” match at Spike headquarters, but got the “Fired” briefcase.

3. This was just mean: Spike TV executives told Dixie they had a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT THAT WOULD CHANGE THE WRESTLING WORLD FOREVER.

4. It comes just when TNA got rid of all the freeloading veterans who did nothing for the company besides collect a fat, undeserved pay check. If only they’d disposed of AJ, Daniels and Kazarian sooner…

5. It forces talent to look for employment in promotions that will use them better and help them make more money.

6. Undertaker was about to wrap up negotiations with TNA when Sting jumped to WWE.

7. The creative team had finally come up with the ultimate gimmick match: instead of ascending a ladder to retrieve a title belt, wrestlers would have to use a jackhammer to dig through the mat and the arena floor until they find the title.

What… WHAT could possibly bring about this cancellation? Do you have a #8? -

Last edited by Starscream666 : 07-28-2014 at 11:37 PM.